Fresh from Florida Strawberries are known as Florida’s favorite winter berry!
The sweet, juicy, red berry is one that attracts visitors from all over. Did you know they can be used in other ways than just consumption? Check out this list for ways to use Florida Strawberries in your everyday beauty. Strawberries are packed full of vitamins and minerals, including antioxidants that fight aging and illness inside and outside the body. Find different ways to use strawberries for health and beauty below:
Strawberry Facial Scrub
- Strawberries are a natural astringent, try this scrub to exfoliate and rejuvenate your skin. Blend or mash 4 to 5 fresh strawberries with ¼ cup sugar and 1 tbsp coconut oil. Mix sugar and oil, then add mashed berries. To use, dampen your face and apply an ample amount of the strawberry scrub. Let it sit for a few minutes, then rinse with warm water. Moisturize.
Healthy Strawberry Smoothie
- Mix in a blender 1 banana, 1 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen), ½ cup vanilla yogurt, ½ cup milk (replace with juice if desired), 2 tsp honey, 1 pinch of cinnamon, and 1 cup of ice.
Strawberry Tooth Whitener
- Blend 3 to 6 ripe strawberries and ‘paint’ your teeth with the mixture. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Then, combine 1 tsp of baking soda, 1 tsp of cream of tartar, and 1 cup of water. Swish this mixture in your mouth for several seconds. Then, brush your teeth with 1 tsp of baking soda and rinse with cool water.
Strawberry Foot Scrub
- Mix 8 strawberries, 2 tbsp olive oil, and 1 tsp of kosher salt into a paste. Massage it into your feet, rinse, and pat dry. Moisturize.
Strawberry Hair Conditioner
- Mash 8 fresh strawberries with 1 tbsp mayonnaise. Massage into damp hair. Cover your hair with a shower cap and towel, and leave the mixture on for at least 10 minutes. Rinse and shampoo as usual.
Acne-Fighting Strawberry Face Mask
- Combine the pulp of 3 ripe strawberries with 1 tbsp honey and 2 tsp lemon juice. Apply the mixture to your face, leave on for 10 to 15 minutes, and then rinse well. Moisturize.
Puffy Eye Strawberry Solution
- Chill large strawberries, then cut into ½-inch slices. Place largest slices over puffy eyes and leave for 10 to 15 minutes.
Moisturizing Strawberry Honey Face Mask
- Mix 5 mashed strawberries with 1 tbsp honey. Apply the mixture to your face, avoiding your eye area. Rinse mask after 15 minutes. Moisturize.