As a hectic and exciting 2019 winds to a close, we at Adams Cold Storage want to wish our fantastic customers, friends, and readers a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Here is our wish list for Santa:
- More verbal communications — less emails.
- Fewer months of food recalls.
- A return to honest reporting and fake news meltdowns (and for a public to know the difference).
- A workable end to the trade and tariff standoff with China.
- A growing, happy workforce.
- Sports commentators who can quit talking long enough to let us enjoy the game. (Joe Buck … we’re looking at you!)
- A return of civility.
- More Millennials with a healthy work ethic; may they lead their peers.
- A distinct end to the opioid epidemic; it has ruined enough lives and families
- Prospering, satisfied customers; may we help you succeed.
- Fewer and lower taxes.
- A Congress that works for the millions of us rather than creating millions for themselves.
- Pallets without broken boards or exposed nails.
- A summer and fall without hurricanes making landfall, anywhere
- An end to robocalls
- More days on the water, or in the woods, or in the mountains: May we never take a single day for granted
- More shippers who seal and record their loads (it really does make everyone’s life simpler!)
- More shoppers that comply with the “10 Items or Less” sign at the grocery store. (For the record: rounding down from 15 items is NOT compliance.)
- Solid solutions to end the homeless dilemma. This should not be ignored.
- Football referees who understand “pass interference” (and coaches to know when to challenge)
- Airline seats that allow anyone over 85 pounds and 6 feet tall to sit for two hours without having to see the chiropractor
- More time spent on increasing the life in our days rather than increasing the days in our lives. How we have lived will be remembered longer than the days we have lived.
Merry Christmas to All and to All a Great 2020!
This column is sponsored by Adams Cold Storage, LLC, and the opinions expressed herein may not reflect those of CFAN or of its advertisers.
BIO: Ben Adams, Jr. is an owner and president of Adams Cold Storage, LLC, in Auburndale. He has been directly involved in citrus production, warehousing, and distribution, as well as state and community support, since 1980. His facility incorporates some 250,000 square feet of multitemperature warehousing and is AA rated by BRCGS.