Winter Haven — Sow Exotic, the renowned purveyor of rare fruiting and medicinal plants, recently moved to a larger and upgraded nursery expansion property. This development marks a major milestone in the company’s journey, and it comes after two years of meticulous planning and dedicated effort.
The new nursery expansion property boasts several exciting additions and enhancements. Some of the highlights of this expansion include:
- Larger and Upgraded Greenhouses: Sow Exotic’s new space features state-of-the-art greenhouses that will provide an ideal environment for nurturing rare and exotic edible plants. These greenhouses are designed to promote healthy growth and preserve the unique characteristics of the plants.
- Massive Packing Facility Upgrade: With a larger packing facility, Sow Exotic is better equipped than ever to handle the careful packaging of their rare plants, ensuring they arrive at their destination in perfect condition. The newly upgraded packing facility not only enhances the quality of orders but also positions Sow Exotic to expand its reach. The company is actively planning to offer international shipping, bringing unique edible plants to enthusiasts around the world. This expansion aligns with Sow Exotic’s mission to share the beauty of these plants with a global audience.
- New Propagation Space: The expansion property includes a dedicated area for propagation, enabling Sow Exotic to grow and cultivate more rare plants. This space will play a pivotal role in increasing the availability of unique tropical species.
While the nursery expansion is an exciting development, it’s important to note that Sow Exotic’s rare fruiting and medicinal food forest will remain at its original nursery property. It will undergo its own expansion and receive even more rare tropical plants. The food forest will reopen for tours in 2024.
“Sow Exotic’s new nursery expansion has been an extreme labor of love that we have been working on for the last two years, and we are beyond excited about this new phase of Sow Exotic,” says Brittany Bandi, Co-founder and CEO of Sow Exotic. “We are committed to bringing our customers the most extraordinary rare and exotic edible plants while prioritizing sustainable practices that protect our planet.”
LAUNCH OF NEW LOCAL PICKUP
In addition, Sow Exotic announced the launch of its new local pickup service for online orders. This service allows customers to enjoy the convenience of online shopping combined with the personal touch of in-store pickup at the Sow Exotic nursery located in Winter Haven, Fla.
“Our online store has been a great success, and we’re thrilled to offer even more flexibility and convenience to our customers,” Bandi says. “With local pickup, customers can now place their orders online and then come to our nursery to pick up their plants directly. This not only saves on shipping costs but also allows our customers to experience our new nursery firsthand.”
How It Works
Customers can browse and purchase from Sow Exotic’s collection of exotic and rare plants through the website, sowexotic.com. During checkout, they have the option to select “Local Pickup” as their delivery method. Once the order is ready, customers will receive a notification with instructions for pickup.
Benefits of Local Pickup
- Convenience: Customers can shop from the comfort of their home and pick up their plants at their convenience.
- No Shipping Costs: Local pickup eliminates the need for shipping fees, offering a cost-effective solution for local customers.
- Immediate Enjoyment: Customers can enjoy their new plants immediately without waiting for delivery.
About Sow Exotic
Sow Exotic is an independently-owned nursery and online store based in Winter Haven, Florida. Known for its unique selection of rare and exotic edible plants, Sow Exotic is dedicated to providing high-quality, sustainably-grown plants to gardeners and plant enthusiasts across the United States.
To explore our collection of fruit trees, herbs and growing supplies and learn more about the local pickup option, please visit sowexotic.com.